Saturday, March 31, 2012

And the HWAO saga continues...

Holy crap!!! What have I done??? Am I crazy??? Have I finally gone off the deep end??? Was I dropped on my head too often when I was a child??? Have the two brain cells I have left migrated too far apart???

I'm sure all of those questions could be answered with YES!!! But these are questions I have asked myself and others have asked me with the changes I have made for HWAO. There are many reasons why I have decided to institute these changes.

Let me start though with what the changes are. I am still making the short trip on June 2nd of this year. I will be crossing the state of Ohio starting on September 22nd of THIS year (2012) and will start the trip across the USA on June 1st of next year (2013).

Yes, I said a trip across the USA. I will start in Lubec, Maine and end in Santa Monica, California. It is a very ambitious goal. It will be a very difficult and demanding trip, but I know that with your support I can make it happen!

Now back to WHY. Many of you know that I hold tight to the independence I have (even in the wheelchair). There will come a time when some of that independence will be stripped away and I want to be able to make these trips on my terms! When will the stripping happen? I don't know! But I do not want miss out on the opportunities to make these trips!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you my friend! You rock!

    SteveO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I've linked our blogs ( I have alot of readers) AND The company site www.clearairdirect.com has a link up on the front page for you too!!!

    ReplyDelete