Saturday, May 12, 2012

And the HWAO saga continues still...

I don't even know where to start...

I apologize that it has been over a month since I last posted.  It has been a really wild ride!

We were able to raise the funds to buy the FreeWheel for the front of the wheelchair.  It makes a HUGE difference in how the wheelchair operates over rough terrain!  And the $700 for it was a much better option than buying a second wheelchair!

We are quickly approaching the Hawt Wheels Across Ohio Shake Out Roll.  I am so anxious to g et this one done!  I want to be able to prove that all the hard work, training and equipment are capable of getting the trip across the state done!!!

We are still in need of raising the $25,000.00 to get across the state and the $75,000.00 (yeah $100,000.00 total) to get across the USA.  We have the benefit concert/show scheduled for July 21st of this year.

I have been kicking around a few ideas for an anual fund raising ideas and I have to thank Scruffy Scruffington for this great idea...  The Anual Hawt Wheels Walk and Roll!!!  We can have our own little marathon to raise funds for the Hawt Wheels Foundation (the non-profit I'm trying to get established) for raising awareness of Legg-Calves-Perthes and to donate to Nationwide Children's Hospital for diagnosis, treatment and further research into this syndrome.

I have decided to make the trip across the USA an attempt at a Guinness Book of World Records record...

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-2000/trans-usa-by-wheelchair/

It has been done by someone in a powered chair but there is no record of someone doing it in a manual chair!!!  This adds a whole new layer to the opportunity to raise awareness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment