Friday, March 2, 2012

And the HWAO saga continues...


This is the new wheelchair!!!  It is an Invocare Topend T6a.  It is perfect for geting the training started.  It is actually an earlier model of the one we need to order to get across the state.  The folks at Columbus Medical Supply have provided this chair (at a very reduced cost!!!) to help me get through everyday challenges.  And all the major parts (wheels, seat pan, back rest) are interchangeable with the T7a that I would like to have to make the state crossing.

I picked this chair up because the old one had reached it's limitations in training.  And it can work as a back up if something goes wrong with the T7a when I get out on the road.

I received the chair on Tuesday (Feb. 28) and on Wednesday put 12 miles on it out at Antrim Park here in Columbus.  The bike trails are a very good simulation of the road surfaces I will face.  The chair performed flawlessly!!!  I wish I could say the same for my arms!!!

Training will now start to focus more on distance and endurance.  The strength will come in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment