Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hawt Wheels Across Ohio

Well... Come to find out that some of the marathons I was looking at have very limited entry spaces for wheelchair athletes (one was limited to only 2 wheelchairs and 8 hand crank bikes!!!). WTF?!?!?!?

I also have found (at last) a national organization that deals with my diagnosis directly. The National Osteo Necrosis Foundation (www.nonf.org). They deal with my current condition and also address the conditions I had as a child. I spent the better part of last night reading through their website and will be applying for membership as soon as we start with the fund raising at my birthday bash!

Speaking of birthdays... We are having a big blow out for my 50th birthday this year at O'Sheckys here in Columbus. O'Sheckys is located in the Continent just north of the intersection of 161 and Busch Boulevard. The party will be Saturday, Feb. 4th and will start at 9:00pm. I am asking that instead of buying me a shot or two (I don't drink anyways) you make a donation to the Hawt Wheels Across Ohio project!!! There will be live music that might and there is NO cover charge!!! Crazy Dave is celebrating his birthday that night also! Come on out and join us for a drop dead great time!!!

With the current snow fall it will be impossible to train out in parking lots so instead I will probably start doing laps inside Tuttle Crossing Mall. I can at least get in some distance training. I need to figure out though how to attach an odometer to the chair or put a pedometer on my arm somehow! Seems to always be a little challenge at every turn of these wheels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment