Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And the HWAO saga continues...

Well... Wow... OK...

The response I received on making a short trip this year has been tremendous!  As it stands right now (and there are a few things that can change this) I will be making a short trip on Saturday June 2nd of this year from downtown Columbus to West Jefferson!

Now again there are a few things that may change this date and trip.  Most importantly I need to be able to order and have delivered a new wheelchair.  I will be following through with the wheelchair manufactures I have found and see who will sponsor or offer the best discount and who can get the chair delivered fast!

Another factor will be whether I can get some descent training in.  This should be much less stressful than ordering the chair!  I have already started with doing some simple laps at the mall.  I will soon be posting some of these results on the Nike website.  I'll post a link to the progress page here in a few days.

I would also love to have anyone who could walk or jog the trip come along with me.

I plan on having as much media coverage as I can arrange for this day.  It would be really cool to have a large crowd in downtown Columbus to see me off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment