Wednesday, February 15, 2012

And the HWAO saga continues...

Ok... Back to getting this project done!

I'm sorry for the past couple of rants but I felt that all that had to come out.

We still need to raise $1,500.00 to be able to get the wheelchair ordered. Kandie and I have committed $1,000.00 to this purchase and we have currently raised $500.00 through donations.  Please, go to http://www.hawtwheelsacrossohio.zxq.net and follow the link to make a donation.  It would be very beneficial to order the chair as soon as possible so that training could more efficient.

Training is continuing to go well. I have been putting a few laps every day at work in the front lot. One complete circuit equals a half mile! I've been averaging about 8 laps a day!

I am sooooooo excited and anxious to get the June 2nd trip done this year. I already have three people that have committed to join me on that day and would love to have many more!

There are some other events I want to participate in... The Race for the Cure is one! The 5K will be an excellent way to gauge how well the training is going.  The team where Kandie works (Smiths Medical) has asked me to join them for this event on May 19th.  To be able to use the new wheelchair for this event we need to raise that $1,500.00 and place the order by April 20th.

I know we can do this... I know we can make HAWT WHEELS ACROSS OHIO and event like no other!!!  I promise that I am committed to the bone to make this project come to life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment