Monday, January 23, 2012

And the HWAO saga continues...


I am sooooooooo anxious to get this old body out on the road! I am thinking of maybe doing a short trip this year (something along the lines of Columbus to West Jefferson approx. 16 miles)!!! Making a short trip would help prove the technologies I want to use for the big trip.

Trying to do the marathon stuff has proven very disappointing (they all have very limited slots for wheelchairs and they are all booked) and expensive!!! I'm thinking I could get more marketing bang for the buck by just putting rubber to the road and contacting the various news media outlets.

If I do decide to do the short trip this year would anyone be interested in making the trip me?

I have also found another wheelchair manufacturer.  http://www.colourswheelchair.com/ Colours Wheelchair makes some pretty radical chairs!  I have a voice mail in to the VP of sales to see if there is anything they can do in sponsoring our little shindig here!!!  Check out one of their wheelchair designs in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJvgT60-mk&list=FLxl6Lexq5qZHAtADJzretkw&index=1&feature=plpp_video This kid has some mad skills and a real hard head!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment