Sunday, February 12, 2012

And the HWAO saga continues...

OK... Apparently I have not been transparent enough on what exactly the funds I'm trying to raise are going to be used for... I thought I already explained this but just so there is no question of the legit nature of the HWAO project here it is again!!!

There are many different things that this money will be used for...

Purchasing a wheelchair and accessories capable of making the trips. Accessories include; an additional set of wheels, helmet, reflective vest, ect.

I will be using some of this money to pay for food, lodging along the way and for gas for the chase vehicle.

There is cost to join a gym and pool. These are essential to the training regiment I've started.

There are costs involved in banners, signs and t-shirts. I'm hoping to sell some add space on the spoke protectors on the wheels to cover some of this cost too!

I am going to establish a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. The working name is The Hawt Wheels Foundation.

I'm sure that there will be other expenses along the way that I have not anticipated and they will be dealt with as they arise.

Any funds left over the first trip is made will be donated to the Pediatric Orthopedic Group at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.

I also want to make it perfectly clear... I am NOT doing this just to gain some form of celebrity! I am doing this because the of the challenge and the opportunity to raise awareness to something that normally falls between the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment